Pages

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Yoga

I am always fascinated with Yoga.

When I first heard of Yoga, I could hardly believe that something so low impact can be a workout regime. I mean, all you do is hold weird poses and do some occasional body stretches. How can that make you sweat or even qualify as a fitness program?

After my first Yoga session, I realise how wrong I was!
Who knew that holding a pose for 20 breaths plus a few body bending stretches can make you sweat so much? And the body stretches only look easy. Actually they are extremely challenging to perform. Especially for someone with a body as inflexible as mine, it was bordering torturous.

As the weeks go by though, Yoga does get easier and I find myself with an improved posture, stamina and strength too. And the best of all, I find that practising Yoga helps relax my body with the stretches and breathing techniques that I think is almost meditative.

In addition to making my body work and sweat i.e. a good workout, I get a good night's sleep every time I go home from a session. Thus, waking up the next morning refreshed and energised.

I totally recommend Yoga 3 times weekly for good overall body health and stamina!

No comments: