Pages

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Microsoft Vs. Mac

My laptop has just been infected with viruses......AGAIN! Even though I update my anti-virus program actively, it just never ends! People continue to come up with new viruses and we consumers just need to continue to pay and pay and pay. Both for new anti-virus updates and for loss of valuable data or even worse....the loss of a functioning operating system. Very frustrating!

Friends have told me there is a reason why Macs are slightly more expensive. Start-up with Macs takes under a minute and you can say goodbye to viruses. For life! I have never used a Mac before and I thought there is no point buying one for a slightly higher price if its operability is identical to a Microsoft machine. SO wrong was I!

My friend Natalie was kind enough to let me have a feel on her Macbook Pro the other day and answer a few of my questions about Macs. Startup really took less than a minute! To think that my laptop takes up to 5 minutes to startup, depending on how many files I have saved on my dekstop and how long my anti-virus program responds.

My main concern was always with using the Word program equivalent on Macs and its compatibility on conventional machines like mine, since Macs are still a "minority" as a whole. She ensured me that it is totally compatible and file transfers are almost effortless.

I am seriously considering getting myself a Macbook. In addition to looking sleeker, I can finally say goodbye to my "relationship" to viruses. I have my eyes on the 13" Macbook Pro for its unique bronze colour or the lightweight Macbook Air in Silver or even the classic Mac in show white. The glowing "Apple" icon on every Mac looks very modern and aesthetic too. Love it!

What about you, are you pro Microsoft or Mac?

No comments: