Pages

Thursday 21 April 2011

Zumba!

I have been attending Zumba classes for the past few weeks and loving it!

Zumba is a Latin inspired dance-fitness concept founded in the mid 90s by dance choreographer Alberto Perez and its tagline says it all: Ditch the Workout, Join the Party!



The trainers and friendly instructors at my gym always start the class by telling the participants to relax and enjoy because its a fun party class and that you'll never realise its a workout til you're done. I couldn't agree more, the loud music, dance moves and enthusiasm during the class fells just like a dance party!

Unlike traditional aerobic classes incorporating standard and very repetitive movements, Zumba uses a variety of dance moves from the Salsa, Merengue, Reggae, Hip-hop, Bellydance, Folk dance....meaning lots of bootay shaking, twists, up-beat moves that you never get bored of Zumba!

The most important part of course is results and effectiveness. 3 weeks of Zumba classes twice a week, an hour each session, I already dropped a kg and feel that my stamina is getting better everyday. Instead of dreading to go for workout, I look forward to Zumba every week. I can't get enough of it!

No comments: